In this article we mention few exercises for hair growth. These are very effective and if you practice it daily then you will definitely get the results in few months.
As you know in today’s life every 2 out of 3 people going through stress and living a stressful life every other day. Stress is one of the worst enemies for your entire health (including your hair’s health). The hard part is you will never know when you fell in the trap of stress and make it a part of your life.
The level of cortisone which is a stress hormone starts to increase in your body when you are getting stressed. These stress hormones decrease protective hormones in your body, as a result of your body losing its immunity power which affects your whole body and may also the reason for your hair loss.
By exercising you can decrease the level of stress hormone. Exercising increases happy hormones (serotonin), that helps reduce stress. There are many other benefits of exercise and improve your hair structure is one of them.
The hair growth or regrowth depends on your healthy blood flow in your body especially on your scalp and proper nutrition. and here exercise plays an important role in hair growth. It not only helps to decrease the stress hormone but also improves blood flow in your whole body. So your blood can easily carry nutrients to all parts of your body, which keep you healthy and active.
Here’s some exercises that can help you to regrow your hair and keep them healthy.
BALAYAM (RUBBING NAILS EXERCISE)
Bayam is the most effective and simple exercise. It’s an acupuncture technique. Many people who regularly do this exercise get the result in a few months(visible results), many claim that their hair falls stop within 2-3 weeks.
How Balayam works for hair growth
In the human body, there are many pressure points present. When we treat these pressure points properly through massage or by putting some pressure on it, we can see a good result on our health. For hairs, you have to rub your nails so the pressure point beneath the nails which link with your hair roots(scalp) stimulate and help to improve your hair healthy from the root.
How to do
The process of doing balayam is very simple. All you have to do is rubbing the nails of your both hands with each other vigorously. The main reason for rubbing is to stimulate the pressure points which are connected to your scalp through nerve under the nails. If you run slowly and gently then it will not able to stimulate those pressure points and you will not get any result.
NOTE: Don’t rub your thumb, the pressure point of thumbs is used for facial hair and you never want unwanted facial hair, especially when you are a woman.
Sishasana (Head Stand)
In this yoga asana, you have to balance yourself on your head.
How Sishasana works for hair growth
when you are in the position of Sishasana, the blood flows downward due to gravity which means blood flow towards your head/scalp. Blood carries all the nutrients and oxygen with it to the scalp which is essential for healthy hair growth.
How to do
- First, you have to sit on your knees, then interlock the fingers of your both hands and place them in front of your yoga mat.
- Now bring your head towards the hollow of your palms and place it into it.
- Then slowly lift your both legs upwards and try to hold this position.
- Ensure that your body should be straight. If you find hard to get in this position then take the help of the wall or some other person while practicing this position.
- Breathe normally and stay in this position for at least 15 to 20 seconds.
- Now to release this pose, slowly bring your legs down one by one.
- Repeat this for 3-5 times.
- Practice it for 1 minute to a maximum of 5 minutes in the beginning and then slowly you can increase duration.
Sarvangasana (shoulder stand)
In this yoga asana, you have to balance yourself on your shoulder.
How Bhujangasana works for hair growth
Bhajangasana works as same as Sishasana. This pose also encourages blood flow downward due to gravity (towards your head/scalp) which helps to promote healthy hairs. This pose is easier than Sishasana.
How to do
- First, you have to lie down on your belly and then place your both hands close to your chest with your palms facing the ground.
- Keep your legs straight and . when you inhale, press your palms against the floor and lift up your chest, your head upward and try to look upward as much as you can, don’t cross your limit, otherwise, you could hurt yourself.
- Keep your body still and hold this position for 15-20 seconds and then slowly release.
Uttanasana (Standing forward bend pose)
In this POSE you have to bend your upper body downward.
How Uttanasana works for hair growth
This asana will help you in the same way the Sishasana and Bhujangasna did. This also helps to flow blood towards your scalp so your scalp gets proper nutrients and oxygen through the blood.
How to do
- First, you have to stand straight and then raise your hand upward.
- Now slowly bend your upper body from your abdomen and try to touch your toes with your hands/finger.
- You can touch the ground with your palm if you can.
- Bend your knee very little, this will make you comfortable to stay in this position.
- Hold this position as much as you can. Breathe normally during practice.
- Repeat this 3-5 times. Daily 2-3 minutes of this yoga is enough for the beginners.
Vajrasana is a sitting pose, this pose is helpful in the digestive issue.
How Vajrasana works for hair growth
As you know healthy hair needs proper nutrient and for that, you require a healthy digestive system. If your digestion is not good then you cannot absorb nutrients from the meal you eat. As a result, there is no good amount of nutrients present in your blood. so if you are trying to increase your blood flow and you have the digestive issue then you will not get the result you want.
How to do
- First, you have to sit on the floor and keep your legs straight in front of you.
- Now fold your legs one by one from your knees and put your buttock on the feet.
- Then place your both palms on your knees and erect your spine straight.
- Close your eyes and breathe in deeply and breathe out slowly.
- Focus on your breathe. Hold in this position for 5 minutes and the rest.
- Repeat this process if you want to.
Pranayama (breathing exercise)
How it helps to grow healthy hairs
Pranayama practices to increase the life force in our body. Kapal Bhati increases the amount of oxygen in your body and stimulates your internal organs especially abdomen organs which improve the blood flow and functioning of the organs. A better functioning organs leads to a healthy body. Hence, it increases the amount of oxygen so your blood carries a good amount of oxygen to each part of your body (including your hair/scalp).
How to do:
- First, you have to sit on the floor with crossing legs comfortably and keep your spine straight.
- Now inhale deeply and exhale quickly, make puffing like sound while you doing it.
- Focus on exhaling quickly and forcefully and don’t take short breaths during inhalation.
- During inhale, raise your abdominal muscles and draw abdominal muscles inward when you exhale. This process stimulates your abdominal organs which improve blood flow and help then function better.
- Continue for 10 breaths and then take a break. repeat two more similar sets.
Hanging up-side down
This hanging exercise also works as Sishasana. Due to gravity, the blood flows downwards ( toward your head) which carries essential nutrients and oxygen. This process nourishes and improves your hair health.
All you have to do is hanging yourself Upside down on a bar. and stay in this position for a few minutes.
Cardio exercises like Jogging, running, hopping, etc helps to improve blood flow in your whole body. you sweat because of these cardio exercises which are good for your overall health because your body flushes out all the toxic from your body through sweat. It cleans the pores of the scalp and releases healthy sebum (natural oil of our body) which nourishes your dry and itchy scalp and promotes healthy hair growth.
Scalp massage also a very good option for increasing blood flow on your scalp, which carries all the essential nutrients to the hair follicles, encouraging hair growth eventually. Gently massage your scalp and do not put any tension on your hair.
Other factor on which hair growth depends.
Nutrition and healthy diet
80-90% healing of your body depends on your daily diet. If you have poor diet habits then it’s the time to change it for your better future. Hair also need nutrition to grow healthy. Due to lack of nutrition hair starts to fall out and leads to baldness.
Some time hormones of your body getting out of its normal to track due to some medical conditions or emotional conditions. The following hormonal imbalance can lead to hair loss too like thyroid imbalance, DHT, Sugar level, Stress hormones, etc. You should start to adopt a healthy lifestyle with a medical checkup to get these hormones back into balance.
This is also the main cause of hair loss and everyone in this world get affected by this problem. This makes your hair dry, and rough makes your scalp dirty which leads to hair breakage. You must clean your scalp and protect hair from pollution.
Try to stay away from chemical products. It makes your hair much more worse than ever, especially if you are already suffering from hair problems.
So as you can see all of these exercises will hardly take 20-30 minutes and for better and healthy-looking hairs, everyone can give that much time from their whole day. The result may depend on the condition of your hair.
Hope this post was informative. Choose the right amount and type of exercises that are ideal for you. Be consistent and you’ll be amazed by the result. If you have some other suggestions for Tips please share in the comment box with us.